Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Still Swollen

I was hoping that after 4 days of rest and ice I would be doing much better. In a way I am as my bruising is beginning to go away. Unfortunately I still have two big pockets of swelling- one on each knee. The best way to describe it is it looks like a small breast implant on each knee. We see a lot of implants at the pool I work at and they all have one thing in common and that is the ridge where it goes from natural to implant at the top. My friends and I were laughing that I have the implant ridge at the top of each knee where the swelling is. I called the docs assistant today and she said I am going in the right direction since the swelling is going down everywhere except the "implant". She said if the pockets are not gone by Thurs afternoon or Fri morning I need to call and come in on Friday so they can drain it. I went in to work today thinking it wouldn't be bad since I had iced for 4 days, but after only 4 hours I swelled up again and it is like I never iced. My boss told me I need to either take days off or take half days because my knees and the bruises are making him nauseous, especially since he has to have the same surgery done. I guess the rest of this week I will only work a couple of hours each day and hope for the best come Friday. On the plus side, my hips feel great.

No comments: