Tuesday, July 7, 2009

5 Days post Op Knee Surgeries

Today is 5 days post op for me and I am surprised I hurt as much as I do. I am so swollen and bruised, and the pressure from the swelling is what is hurting. I have been icing and resting as much as I can, but I guess it is not enough. I go see the doc tomorrow so I can at least get answers as to what he did and if my bruising is normal. Here is a pic of the left and right knee at about 2 days post op.


Isn't that pretty. Now I am getting more color and the bruising is starting to turn green and yellow. Anytime you can get multiple colors in a bruise you know it is a good one. The next pic was taken today, but you don't get the full effect of the bruise because of the angle I took it at.


Suffice it to say that my entire leg is one big bruise. It goes down into my shin and all the way around the back of the knee. The hole on the top you can see also likes to bleed on a regular basis so I really am getting it all. I am going to go rest now. I will post again tomorrow when I know what all was done to me.

3 comments:

TnT said...

Wow Shelley, your knee surgeries sound like they are worse than your PAOs. It's probably not easy to have both knees done at the same time either. Hope your doctor can give you some explanation. Terri

Shelley said...

This actually has been worse than the pao. I didn't really swell at all after that and I didn't bruise. If I did one at a time I probably wouldn't have as much swelling because I could have been on crutches instead of constantly using it.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say it looks on a par with a PAO, but Terri beat me to it,lol.
I hope you feel better soon, and get some reassurance from the Dr. It must be tough having them both done together.
Hang in there
Kate x