Tuesday, April 7, 2009

10.5 Weeks Post Pao- I Went Golfing

I didn't want my first day allowed to golf to be on an actual course because I didn't want a screw to snap and be in the fetal position on a back fairway. I decided to start on a driving range and see ow it went. I had hit a couple of balls at 8 weeks when I bought my new clubs, but nothing like today. Me and 2 friends from work went and hit balls for almost and hour and a half and I hit a huge bucket of balls myself. The clubs were great, and my two friends liked them also. I was really worried about the hip because it has really been hurting for the past few days, but it held up really well. There were a few swings that hurt, but all in all, it was good. It feels so good to be doing something normal, and I am so glad that my doc allowed me to do it. I left a message for him when I was done so he knows how good of a job he did on me. The most surprising thing about the whole outing is that I hit the ball pretty well. I haven't golfed or hit balls in almost 10 years and it came back quick. I was hitting 200 yard drives, and they were going straight which is very unusual for me. I have now taken some advil to stop some of the swelling and inflammation that I know is inevitable, but it was well worth it. I think we are going to try to do 9 holes either next week or the following week so we will see how that goes.

1 comment:

Abner & Jennie said...

hey shelley,
so i've been having pain for maybe over a month and it totally feels like the joint has too much pressure. Do you think that's just cause the muscles aren't strong around it? Since I stopped PT I know I haven't been able to exercise as much as when my 3x appts. MY next PAO is in a month and I'm afraid I won't be totally ready. Any thoughts?
-acy
you can email me if you want