Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Finally Figured out the Hip Pain- Back to the Elliptical

I have finally figured out what has been causing the hip pain I have been having for the past two weeks or so. I started to go up stairs like a normal person two weeks ago instead of leading with the good leg for each step. The pain coincides with that and I finally realized it when I tried to go up some stairs yesterday and it bothered me. My quads are still pretty week so it is putting too much pressure on the joint. I guess that is to be expected not even 10 weeks post pao, but it surprised me. I am so used to doing what I want and apparently I can't. Today I had to suck it up and get back to the elliptical machine so I can strengthen the quads and hopefully that will ease the pain. It is a catch 22 because it hurts to do the elliptical, but it is for the greater good of the hip so I will keep it up. Now I have to go to bed because my alarm will be going off at 3:30am so I can be at work by 5am to register for all of our summer programs. April 1st is the kickoff to summer for all of our programs and all staff has to be there. I guess it is a good day when you can register 1000 kids for summer camps in 2 hours. At least it takes my mind off of the fact that tomorrow is also the 12 year anniversary of my mom dying. I never do good around this time, but the registration takes my mind off of it so that helps. Goodnight.

No comments: